Find child care you can trust.

Answer a few questions and create a plan that can grow as your child grows.

Child Development Resource of Ventura County, Inc.

M-F: 10-5
Services in English, Spanish

CDR is the only state-funded Resource and Referral (R&R) agency in Ventura County. We advocate for providers’ needs at the local and the state level. We work directly with providers in ensuring that they have what they need. We listen to their concerns and ideas. We support them in the process of getting licensed through workshops and technical assistance.

Child Development Resource of Ventura County, Inc. Website

Child Development Resources
221 E. Ventura Blvd., Oxnard CA 93036
(805) 832-0715
Program highlights
Child Care Referrals

We advocate for equal access to information on child care services for all parents and guardians. That's why we offer a list of licensed child care program providers as a referral resource. This service is provided free of charge. It's important to note that our provision of this information does not constitute a recommendation. We simply furnish parents and guardians with the necessary details; the ultimate decision rests with them. We cannot assure or endorse the quality of any provider or program listed. We encourage all parents and guardians to thoroughly research each program and select one that best suits their individual requirements.

Child Care Initiative Project

The Child Care Initiative Project (CCIP) is a comprehensive training program designed to support individuals aspiring to become home-based child care providers in enhancing the quality of their services. Through the CCIP training series, participants receive guidance throughout the licensing process, including assistance with getting started, home visits, pre-license inspections, and personalized one-on-one support. Moreover, the program offers a range of learning opportunities and workshops covering various topics such as business practices, health, safety, and more. CCIP training is open to all individuals interested in obtaining family child care licensing. Whether currently operating home-based child care (licensed or unlicensed) or